Case Study 1 – Digby Leigh
Industry: Law Firm – Business Law, Personal Law
Location: North Vancouver
Client since: April 2009
The challenge - declining system performance, rising IT costs.
Having traditionally housed its IT infrastructure onsite, Digby Leigh & Co. was finding it increasingly expensive and unwieldy to manage.
Maintenance, support and ad hoc work-around tactics were taking hours of employee time. The existing IT structure limited the ability of employees to share client data and collaborate efficiently. It also made it difficult or impossible for lawyers to access files and applications when traveling.
With declining system performance and rising IT costs, Digby Leigh & Co knew it needed to make a change if its firm was to continue to grow.
The solution - i-worx cloud services solution OfficeOneDesktop.
Digby Leigh & Co. opted to implement i-worx’s OfficeOneDesktop cloud services and virtual desktop solution. i-worx quickly put the following in place:
- Virtual servers in our secure data centers to host Digby Leigh & Co. client data and legal applications.
- Virtual desktops to facilitate authorized employee access to client confidential data and legal applications remotely from any device.
- Standardized legal software programs and versions.
- Multiple layers of physical and software security to protect data and business applications at our secure Canadian data centres.
- Business continuity and disaster planning.
- Maintenance and support pricing for one fixed monthly fee.
The result - dramatically improved performance at a fixed monthly fee.
Digby Leigh & Co. could not be happier with the OfficeOneDesktop cloud services and virtual desktop solution. Since its implementation, Digby Leigh & Co. has experienced:
- Dramatically improved infrastructure performance and uptime.
- Simplified IT tasks and fixed IT costs by integrating computing and centralized management.
- Improved productivity as employees access client confidential data and legal and business applications from anywhere, anytime.
- Improved collaboration with standardized software and easy sharing of documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Flexible user scalability – users can easily be added or removed. Digby Leigh & Co. pays only for what they use.
- Controlled costs with IT maintenance and support included in one fixed monthly fee.
- Peace of mind in the event of a disaster thanks to built-in business continuity.
- Significant cost savings.